- ‘Registered Buyer’ means an approved organisation, government department, non-government organisation, not-for profit organisation, iwi or entity member of Amotai that pays a membership fee and seeks to buy goods and/or services from Registered Māori and Pasifika businesses.
- ‘Registered Supplier’ means an approved Māori and/or Pasifika supplier of Amotai meeting registration criteria as approved by Amotai.
- ‘Business Directory’ means the Registered Māori and Pasifika business directory managed by Amotai and available from our website.
- ‘Maori’ means people with Māori whakapapa and who identify as Māori.
- ‘Pasifika’ means people descended from the indigenous Pacific ethnic groups of Samoa, Cook Islands, Tonga, Niue, Fiji, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and the small island states of Micronesia.
- ‘Personal information’ is information about an identified individual. For example, this may include your name, age, date of birth, gender, contact details, business address and postal address. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information, or a photograph of you. Personal information does not include anonymous, aggregated or de-identified information or information about companies which does not identify individuals.
- ‘Platform’ means the online platform with Māori and Pasifika business directory of registered suppliers and directory of registered buyers with the URL address of www.platform.amotai.nz.
- ‘Web friend’ means a friend of Amotai who has registered to receive newsletters and other marketing material from Amotai but is not a Registered Buyer or Supplier.
- ‘Website’ means the Amotai website with the URL address of www.amotai.nz.
1. Personal information we collect
Amotai, in the course of fulfilling our vision to support and promote supplier diversity and create a prosperous, vibrant and sustainable Māori and Pasifika business sector, needs to collect personal information relating to staff, Registered Buyers, or Suppliers and other stakeholders associated with the provision of our products and services. If we are not able to collect this personal information, it will compromise our ability to provide the products and services.
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary to deliver our products and services or otherwise conduct the functions and activities of Amotai, or as required by law.
In so doing, we may collect the following types of personal information including:
- your name;
- your address, email, telephone and emergency contact details;
- your gender, age and date of birth;
- where applicable, information regarding your Māori and/or Pasifika heritage;
- nationality information to facilitate travel arrangements;
- your payment details and credit card information;
- information relating to products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your contact with us or your use of our website, social media sites, electronic media or other related resources or sites;
- information to enhance your experience of our products and services, activities, events, website, social media sites or other related resources or sites;
- your IP address, web log and related domain, browser, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from sites, ad data, device ID, device type, geo-location information;
- information you provide to us through your registration, surveys, activities, events, competitions, sponsorship or marketing or advertising communications;
- your employment and governance history; and
- any other Personal Information relevant to your relationship with us.
The information will be collected and held by Amotai (see here for our physical address details)
2. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including:
- when you apply to become a Registered Buyer or Supplier;
- when you register as a Web friend or user of our website or mobile applications;
- in face to face meetings;
- in telephone conversations;
- in postal, phone, facsimile, email, electronic or social media correspondence;
- in forms, surveys or questionnaires filled out by you;
- when you request information from us;
- when you register, use or interact with our products and services, content, publications, resources, events, activities, marketing or advertising;
- when we engage with you as a business contact or in the course of our functions and activities.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it from you.
We may also collect personal information from recruitment consultants, your previous employers and other third parties when you apply for a position with Amotai (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks).
3. How we use personal information
Use of personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to deliver our products and services and to otherwise conduct the functions and activities of Amotai. The main purposes for which we handle personal information include:
- for purposes related to Registered Buyers or Suppliers and membership of, and registration with Amotai;
- to maintain Registered Buyers or Suppliers registers, including on the platform;
- to supply Registered Suppliers business/company information (including business/company name, trading name, contact details, website, NZBN, business activity/sectors/categories, business location, number of employees (Māori and Pasifika), geographic reach, previous experience and percentage of Māori and Pasifika ownership information) to registered buyers and on our Platform, including registered supplier directory or similar directory and our member portal;
- to supply member business/company information (including business/company name, trading name, contact details, website) to Registered Suppliers and on our Platform, including through our registered member directory;
- in relation to events that you have registered for, including business/company name, trading name, contact details and Registered Buyers or Suppliers status information for use in attendee lists or similar for the benefit of all registered attendees;
- to maintain contact with you;
- to inform you of, and enable your access, interaction and use of, our products and services, events, activities, platform, website, social media sites and related resources and sites;
- to develop, operate and improve our products and services, events, activities, platform, website, social media sites and related resources and sites, including your experience and interaction with us, such as performing analytics, conducting research and for marketing and advertising;
- to communicate marketing and advertising information and other news, information or opportunities that we consider may be of interest to you, including progress and development in relation to Amotai, Māori and Pasifika business and supplier diversity;
- to administer forms, surveys or questionnaires and other promotional activities or events funded, sponsored or managed by us or third-party partners;
- to respond to requests, queries and complaints; for general management and reporting purposes;
- to provide statistical data to the New Zealand government, certain government agencies, such as Te Puni Kōkiri and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and other strategic partners;
- to resolve disputes and enforce agreements with stakeholders and third parties;
- for funding, sponsorship or tender submissions and business development;
- for internal record keeping;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- other purposes related to the functions and activities of Amotai.
4. When we disclose personal information
Disclosing personal information
Amotai does not routinely disclose personal information to third parties unless:
- you give your consent;
- the use or disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose of collection, for example, it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested or for a function or activity of Amotai for which you are involved;
- the use or disclosure is for secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect and is related (or on the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the primary purpose of collection;
- it is necessary for maintenance of or is related to a person’s membership, registration, certification or other position within Amotai;
- it is a requirement of our funders, partners or service providers, in which case only basic personal information will be shared to the extent necessary;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a person or any member of the public or the interests of Amotai;
- the use or disclosure is or otherwise required or permitted by laws, regulations or professional standards.
Amotai may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research, funding, sponsorship, tender or promotional purposes.
Who we may disclose personal information to
- our employees, contractors, agents and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our platform, website, social media sites and related resources and sites, and/or our business or in connection with providing or marketing our products and services to you);
- our funders, partners and professional advisors;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our sponsors or promoters of any event, activity or competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure outside New Zealand
To the extent permitted by the Privacy Act, we may disclose personal information outside of New Zealand, including to third party suppliers and service providers. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with your Personal Information in a way that is consistent with or similar to the Privacy Act or with your consent.
We and/or our carefully selected partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and the Privacy Act.
You may elect not to receive marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
5. Using our website, platform, mobile application etc.
We may collect personal information about you when you access and use our website, platform, social media sites, mobile applications or other related sites and applications.
For example, in common with many websites, we may collect aggregated information and cookies from your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device when you access our Platform or related sites and applications, which enables us to tell when you use the Platform or application and also to help customise your Platform or application experience. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Platform or related sites and applications, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
You can disable cookies through your internet browser but please be aware that our website and related sites and applications may not work as intended if you do so.
Information you share
As an Amotai Registered Buyer or Supplier, you may be able to share information with other Registered Buyers or Suppliers or users via our Platform, social media pages, mobile applications and other related resources, sites and applications, including through the member portal and Business Directory. Please be aware that the information you share may become publicly available and Amotai is unable to control or limit third party use of the information once you have shared it.
We suggest you regularly check the information you have supplied on our Platform or related resources, sites or applications to ensure its accuracy. Remember, if you do not wish the information to be publicly available, please do not make the information available via our Platform or related sites and applications.
6. Protecting your personal information
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information, whether held electronically or in hard-copy form, from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accuracy of information
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete for the purpose for which it is collected.
Access and corrections
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. We will provide access to this information where reasonable and practicable to do so, and in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
You may request correction to the personal information we hold about you. We will take such steps (if any) to correct your personal information as requested in accordance with the Privacy Act to ensure it is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Your provision of personal information to Amotai is optional, however, because of the nature of our functions and activities, it is generally impractical for us to deal with you on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym, although sometimes this may be possible (for example, when we receive feedback).
Making a complaint
We will ensure that complaints regarding alleged breaches of privacy are investigated swiftly. If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us via the details below. Please include your name, contact telephone number and email address and clearly describe your complaint. If you feel we have not resolved your complaint satisfactorily, you can refer your complaint directly to the Privacy Commissioner.
How to contact us about privacy
For further information or to access or correct your personal information, or make a complaint, please contact us via email at email@example.com.